Electrical Safety Tips
Our Raleigh-Durham Electricians Are Dedicated to Your Safety
It is no secret that electricity is dangerous but it is also a vital part of our everyday lives. It is therefore vital that you are always proactive about ensuring your safety and the safety of those around you when it comes to dealing with any electrical appliance. If you suspect a problem, always call a professional, highly-trained Raleigh electrician to safely fix the issue. For your own safety, never try to fix an issue on your own.
Call Zar Electric today at (919) 200-6551 or contact us online to schedule a service today!
Important Tips to Remember
- Do not overload a circuit by plugging too many cords into it.
- Do not run use extension cords as permanent fixtures and do not run them under carpets or in front of doors.
- Never pull a cord to disengage a plug from a wall. This can not only damage your outlet, but ruin your appliance as well!
- Keep all electricity away from water sources.
- Lamps should be level and not placed near flammable items. Only use the recommended watt bulbs.
- Do not put your finger into an outlet or socket.
- Do not go swimming in any body of water or pool when your hear thunder or see lightening.
- If an electrical fire breaks out, never use water to try and put it out, as it can cause electrocution.
- Never put a fork, knife, or other metal object in a toaster.
- Do not climb electricity poles or go near downed power lines.
- Never use any appliances with damaged cords or exposed wires and do not attempt to fix any wires yourself.